Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prepare the Chicken
1. Sprinkle the cubed chicken pieces with all-purpose flour, salt and pepper and mix well. Keep aside for 10 min.
Fry the Chicken
1. In a deep pan, heat the olive oil on medium flame. Once hot, add the chicken piece by piece and fry until golden.
2. At this point, increase the flame to high and keep turning the chicken over every 45 seconds.
3. Once golden and somewhat crispy, take it out on the plate, cover it with a plate or foil to keep it warm and keep aide.
Prepare the Sauce
1. Heat some more olive oil in the same pan.
2. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
3. Add the sliced mushrooms, sweet corn, chopped spring onions, chopped white onions, salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Cook for 7 minutes till all the vegetables are well done and especially the mushrooms are brown.
5. Add the chicken broth, grape juice and balsamic vinegar mixture along with the Greek yogurt.
6. Stir all the ingredients together gently.
7. Let the sauce simmer on medium heat for 8 min.
Making the Marsala Chicken
1. Once the sauce has reduced a bit, add the fried chicken cubes to the sauce and stir well.
2. Simmer for 1 more minute and take it out in a large bowl.
3. Garnish the dish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serving the Marsala Chicken
1. Serve it with brown rice, spaghetti, pita bread or any other bread. Or simply, serve as it is.
For the Protein
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes.
Note: Instead of flattening chicken breasts I recommend cutting them into cubes because it cooks faster and is easier to consume.
½ cup all-purpose flour
5 tbsp. cup light olive
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp pepper
For the Sauce
250 gm of thinly sliced mushrooms
4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
1 medium glass of chicken broth
1 cup of Greek yogurt mixed with 1 tablespoon of flour this avoids curdling of the yogurt on high temperature
1 cup grape juice mixed with 1 tsp. of balsamic vinegar
1 small cup of chopped white onions
1 small of chopped spring onions
1 small cup of boiled sweet corn
½ cup finely chopped coriander leaves